The Need For Intimacy Education™
Bullying, Cyber-Bullying, SExtortion, "Revenge" Porn, Teen dating violence, Sexual Assault, Sexting...
all of these are clearly void of real intimacy.
- Over 13 million American teens will be a victim of bullying or cyberbullying in 2017 (Megan Meier Foundation.org)
- 64% of students enrolled in weight-loss programs reported experiencing weight-based victimization (Puhl, Peterson, & Luedicke, 2012).
- 85% of LGBT youth reported experiencing some form of bullying or harassment at school (Zweig, Dank, Lachman & Yahner, 2013).
- “1 in 6 teens with a cell phone has received a sexually suggestive image or video of someone they know” (Lenhart, 2009)
- Almost one out of every five seventeen year-olds has sent an explicit image of themselves to someone else at some point in their lifetime, compared to less than 6% of twelve year-olds. The fact that twelve year-olds are participating in sexting at all, however, highlights the need to address this behavior earlier than most people would have thought (cyberbullying.org)
- There are currently 2,000 revenge porn websites worldwide (cyberbullying.org)
- 60% Sextortion victims knew their perpetrator in person before the threats; 40% met them on-line
- "Sextortion is by far the most significantly growing threat to children” (lawfareblog.com)
- Females ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault (rainn.org)
- Girls and young women between the ages of 16 and 24 experience the highest rate of intimate partner violence — almost triple the national average (loveisrespect.org)
- Nearly half (43%) of dating college women report experiencing violent and abusive dating behaviors (loveisrespect.org)
- One in six (16%) college women has been sexually abused in a dating relationship (loveisrespect.org)
there is a way to teach older teens and millennials how to connect....